Product Care & Product Types
Boutique Suarez Co. Jewelry is Curated, Designed & Handmade in New York by Erin Suarez of Boutique Suarez Co.
In the Boutique Suarez Co. you will see several different types of Materials. Here is a list below on the types of Jewelry we have in our Collection.
Demi - Fine: Jewelry that is made with Gold Filled Materials.
Semi - Fine: Jewelry that is made with Gold Plated Materials
- see below our product care & more information about Gold Filled & Gold Plated Jewelry
Since our jewelry is handmade, we suggest the following special care:
- When you are not wearing your jewelry, it should be stored away out of the Environments or in the Boutique Suarez Co. pouch provided.
- Exposure to air, light and humidity can cause your jewelry to tarnish over time so keep it in the pouch and store it away in a dark place.
- Our jewelry is not meant to be in contact with water, perspiration, and chemicals such as chlorine, sulfur, perfume, detergent, oils, salt water, body or suntan lotion.
- Put your jewelry on after applying your makeup, hairspray, perfumes and lotions have been fully absorbed into the skin.
- When doing chores take off your jewelry as chemicals in soaps, detergents and cleaners can impact the plating.
- Take off your jewelry before a shower, swimming or exercise.
- Wipe down or clean your jewelry frequently to get rid of pollutants. It will also prolong its life. Do not Brush or Rub the jewelry when cleaning. Do not use a jewelry cleaning cloth. Just a regular soft cloth or cotton ball will do to pat down the jewelry.
- To clean our Chains it’s recommended in the industry to use Mr. Clean (green/ gain scent) Multi Purpose Cleaner /Original Cleaner and very warm water. Soak for about 2-3 minutes, take it out and run it under the warm water quickly. Lay flat and use a soft cloth to pat it dry on both sides. Move to a dry cloth/ paper towel surface and let it dry completely before storing or wearing it (I usually let it sit overnight). I recommend doing this once a week. See Reels on Instagram @boutiquesuarezjewelry with me talking about how to clean your jewelry
- Keep gold plated & gold filled jewelry from rubbing and friction as it will cause the piece to wear down quickly. This can happen when you layer and they rub together. It’s best to wear one piece of jewelry at a time.
- Our jewelry Gold Plated & Gold Filled, which overtime may become duller, depending on what it is exposed to
- Gold Plated Jewelry is not meant for an Everyday wear.
- Each individual will have a different outcome on how long their jewelry will last due to care, maintenance, type of jewelry purchased and how your bodies chemistry reacts to jewelry.
- Please take care of your jewelry
- What is gold filled Jewelry? It consists of a thick layer of gold over a base metal like jeweler’s Brass. The gold is mechanically bonded to the base metal using heat and pressure. This makes gold filled jewelry much more durable than other plated items. We have two types of Gold Filled, we have Gold Filled - GF from the USA and Italy, this is the highest quality of Gold Filled. We have our Gold Filled Import - GFI, this is a thick coating process over the base metal and it much more durable than gold plated when taken care of properly and follow our suggestions.
- What is gold plated jewelry? Gold plated jewelry is a very light layer of gold - 0.05% on top of a base metal (usually brass or copper). The thin layer of gold is plated onto the base metal to create gold plated jewelry.